THE CITY OF OKLAHOMA âThe 2021-2022 season of the US Youth Soccer Frontier conference continued this weekend, as 34 teams from South Texas and Oklahoma faced off at the Wendel Whisenhunt Sports Complex and Midwest City Football Complex in Oklahoma City. The event included teams of boys and girls in the 14U-19U age groups.
In total, this season will see 110 Frontier Conference teams compete to qualify for the 2022 USYS Southern Regional Championships, as well as the 2022-23 USYS National League PRO season qualifier.
The conference has seen many outstanding performances in its first events, with teams competing for the top spots in the standings as we approach the mid-season of the fall season.
A few notes on this season so far:
- The standings are tight in the 14U boys division, where DKSC ââ08 Lopez (TX-N), Inwood SC ID Chelsea Jr 08 (TX-S), FC Dallas ETX 08 Garcia (TX-N) and Tigres FC 08 Premier ( TX -S) currently undefeated with 9 points each.
- In the Girls 15U division, Solar 07 Quiroz (TX-N) leads the standings with three straight wins in as many games, and he has allowed just one goal so far this season. FC Dallas WTX 07 Lubbock (TX-N) and Solar SC 07 Byars White (TX-N) follow closely behind after each recording two wins in their first games.
- FC Dallas Youth 06 North (TX-N) have a slight advantage in the 16U boys’ division with 14 points earned in their first six games. Irving Spiderz 06 (TX-N) follows close behind with 13 points, while Solar 06 Hildebrand (TX-N) and FC Dallas Youth 06 Central Red (TX-N) are right there with 12 points each.
- In the 17U girls’ division, Sting SC 05 Roach (TX-N), DKSC ââ05 Weir (TX-N) and Lady Lions 05 Red (TX-S) all had wins in their first games to get 3 points each in the top rankings.
- Northwest SC Esencial (OK) currently sits first in the table with 12 points after its first six games. FC Premier 04 Eto’o (TX-N) and Sporting Oklahoma 04 (OK) occupy the second and third places in the standings with 10 and 9 points respectively.
- In the 19U girls’ division, NE Oklahoma 04 Blue (OK) had a dominant start to the season with six wins in as many games. But there is still plenty of football to play and the North Texas and South Texas teams will be vying for the top spot in the division by the end of the season.
What they say :
Jamie Peterson, head coach of NE Oklahoma FC 04 Girls Blue (OK), spoke about his team’s success so far this season in the conference and what he attributes to that success.
“We are delighted that the group started 6-0,” said Peterson. âThe ladies have worked hard and keep pushing to try and win the league. I think this group of women have been playing together for a long time and have synergy in the way they play. It’s a tight group of talented and very selfless players. Our group really works as a team and has a team mentality first. The credit for their success is shared and each player has become a leader within the team. We are fortunate to have a group that works hard for each other and together.
Peterson spoke about his team’s experience at the Frontier Conference.
âOur team has enjoyed playing in the Frontier Conference so far,â said Peterson. âIt’s nice to play against new teams and travel to different places that we haven’t traveled to in recent years. Playing new competitions and different levels of competition keeps the team motivated.
The next Frontier Conference event is October 9-10 at Gosling Sports Fields and Bear Branch Park in Houston, and it will feature teams from the 14U-19U boys age groups and girls age groups. 15U, 17U and 19U.
For more information on the Frontier Conference, including times, scores and standings, click here.
For more information on all National League and National League PRO conferences, click here.